1. The term “person” shall include any individual, partnership, corporation, company, society, or association.
Section 137. Label requirements of all seeds, including lawn-seeding mixtures.
Each container of seed which is sold, offered or exposed for sale, or transported in this state for planting purposes, shall bear thereon or have attached thereto in a conspicuous place, a plainly written or printed label or tag in the English language, giving the following information:
(A) All seeds except seed potatoes:
1. The name and address of the person who labels said seed, or who sells, offers or exposes said seed for sale within this state.
2. If seed has been treated as defined in this article, the commonly accepted or trade name and/or the purpose of the treatment.
3. If seed has received an application of a substance harmful to humans or other vertebrates in the quantities used, a warning adequate to protect the public.
Section 137-a. Responsibility for labeling.
The immediate vendor of any lot of seed which is sold, offered or exposed for sale shall be responsible for the presence of the labels required to be attached to said lot of seed. The immediate vendor shall be responsible for all labels attached to broken lots of seed whether he is offering for sale or selling seed which bears labels of a previous vendor with or without endorsement, or bears his own label.
The immediate vendor of any unbroken lot of seed shall be responsible for all labels attached to said lot of seed, at the time he sells or offers for sale such lot of seed.
Section 138. Prohibitions.
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, expose for sale, or to transport for planting purposes any seed within this state:
1. Unless the test to determine the percentage of germination as required by section one hundred thirty-seven of this article, shall have been made for the calendar year in which the seed is sold, offered, or exposed for sale.